Thursday, December 30, 2010

Proofread!

Not to rub it in your faces, but I'M DONE!!! done. Done! DONE!!! Alllllllllllllll DONE! with my college applications!

Happy DanceFiestaYattaHappy DanceFiestaYattaHappy DanceFiestaYatta

I literally pressed my last submit, ran out of the house, and SCREAMED in the street! It felt so soooooo good. Of course, a moment later, a new weight descended upon my shoulders, but more on that later. No anxieties (or IPLE stress) will pollute this post.

As for those of you who aren't done yet, I wish you the best of luck and offer you these words of wisdom:  "Don't be cocky. Proofread your papers!" Spelling mistakes can get the best of us, even those you would least expect. For example, would any of you think to find a typo in the advertising campaign of a major company? No? Think again.

If any of you have ever purchased a Jamba drink from the EB Square Mall Jamba Juice, then you've surely noticed the error in the Oatmeal posters:

"Only Monday to Fiday"
It may be a small mistake, but it really makes Jamba seem unprofessional and gives the consumer a poor image of the store. Not that it's enough to keep me away from Jamba, but you get my point;
Proofread!
Food for thought:
Have you ever noticed the typo on the Jamba posters?
If you finished your apps, just how freaking awesome are you feeling right now?!
If you aren't done, how do you plan on celebrating afterwards?
Was anyone else sorely tempted to drink while writing apps? (resorted to chocolate instead :P)

3 comments:

  1. - No I have not.
    - NOT DONE YET. 3 more to go.
    - partaying. and baking <3
    - i was tempted to eat pizza a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. left the drinking for after apps.
    and it felt damn good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was from http://theoatmeal.com/ for a second, and then I was disappointed.

    ReplyDelete