Sunday, December 5, 2010

State of affairs

warning: do NOT mess with the sick person!
Health status:

1. I'm still somewhat sick :(
2. Friday night I suffered the worst Charley horse ever! It was in my calf and I legit thought my leg would have to be amputated ><
3. I am currently teething. The wisdom tooth on the upper right finally decided to make a reappearance; it started coming out like 2 years ago and then just stopped...

On a random note, I strongly feel that ] should be next to ). Like who even uses }? It serves no purpose other than to confuse you when you try to make a ].

I am going to be just like him some day with my pro Chinese writing skills!

As some of you may know, I've been attempting to learn Chinese. Status update:

1. Mainland modern dramas just suck too badly. I may have to step into the realm of Taiwanese dramas...*prepares self for overcuteness and bad voiceovers*
2. I gave up on Single Princesses and Blind Dates because for reasons beyond my comprehension, all the lead actress's lines are voiced over (maybe she's Taiwanese). Either way, it was really distracting and aggravating. Oh, and it had the stupidest plot ever!
3. My goal for yesterday was to read one page of a Chinese book with my dad. Turns out that after 30 minutes all I managed to accomplish was read almost 1 sentence of the Preface. Though now I know how to say and write PRC in Chinese :P
4. Were I a psychic (which I am), I would foretell to myself that I see great failure in the horizon where my Chinese language endeavor is concerned. So that's basically my current
State of affairs.
Maybe I should go back to reading baby books :'(

1 comment:

  1. I started a "language" journal for chinese & spanish basic vocab, like body parts, household items, etc.

    i have yet to fill a page. lol. good luck tho =)

    ReplyDelete