Saturday, October 23, 2010

Same School. Same People. Same Life.

I'm awake. I should be doing homework, but it's too early for my brain to be functioning. Instead, I will post a couple new entries which will make me seem productive if my mom ever peeks into the room :P

When I first met Sarah Cho, I was kind of pissed that she looked like my friend Emily Li. In fact, the first thing I ever said to Sarah was, "Why do you look like Emily?"

Emily and I had been really tight in elementary school, but the summer before 6th, she moved to Montgomery. After that, life caught up with us, and we basically lost contact. Just this morning I got back in contact with her. Turns out she then moved to Pleasanton, California (doesn't that just sound pleasant?) But that's not all. After that she flew across the world to attend Shanghai American School. She's currently in Korea attending an international tennis tournament. wtf? She didn't even know what tennis was when we were friends. jk. Congrats Emily. Wishing you all the best in your tournament and life :)

What struck me most as we talked, was how much she's accomplished since we last talked. We had the same childhood almost. Our parents weren't that different, but our lives have been so different since we split. She went on to become this cosmopolitan girl and travel the world (for tennis she's also been to Hong Kong and Japan). To her, East Brunswick is just a memory. When she asked me, "How have you been since?" the only response I could think of was
"Same School
Same People
Same Life"

I haven't done anything extraordinary. I'm just stuck-in-a-rut-Anna.

Food for thought:
What have you done that's extraordinary?
If not now, when will you live your life?
When does it become too late to just enjoy?

We always put things off for tomorrow. But just really think why you do the things you do. In the end, you only have one life to live and educated or not, rich or not, what do you want out of it? If there's something you really want to do or say, don't leave it off for too long.

"Someday. That's a dangerous word. It's really just a code for never" - Knight and Day

2 comments:

  1. -I haven't done anything particularly extraordinary but I think hanging out with your friends and family is pretty extraordinary :) Sure sometimes we take them for granted and think they're always there, but in truth, they're not. One day, they might be gone forever. As we've seen in this world, a lot can happen in a few minutes, or even a few seconds.
    -We all have to take that extra step forward and go out of our comfort zone; for me, I'm not there yet, but right now I'm grateful for each day I'm here.
    -I believe it's never too late to do anything; enjoying life can be as simple as meeting friends or just sitting outside, watching the sunset :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not my fault i look like someone! GOSH. lol

    ReplyDelete