Saturday, October 23, 2010

Now I just order the buffalo chicken

If I were to say I'm writing about that mean lunch lady, would you know who I'm talking about? In case you're either as observant as a rock or you only bring lunch or you happen to be one of the few Chinese kids she likes (you'd know; she'd talk to you in Chinese), here is a picture of her:

This woman is dead set on making my lunch purchasing experience a nightmare. Yesterday, I asked her if the celery behind the lettuce and tomatoes (for the sandwiches) was for us. She started yelling at me about how if it's in the back it's off limits; "You never reach you hand behind!" Well, lesson learned ._o

Last year, I was trying to buy the sweet and sour chicken one day when I made the mistake of ordering "that". I think many of you have gone through this, but she flipped out that I didn't know to call it sweet and sour chicken, yelling about how I should have looked at the lunch menu, it's why it's there, etc. Honestly though, just looking at the chicken you would never have guessed that it was either sweet or sour. You don't really know what you're eating or care, because it's lunch food, and we've become immune to the occasional grossness of cafeteria lunches (the chicken tastes good though...most days).


The next week, when the same lunch was prepared, I go to order and say "Sweet and sour chicken please," but I guess I was too quiet. She start yelling at me that I need to speak up because she can't read minds. So, the next week I said it louder and she started yelling about how there's no need to shout...
Now I just order the buffalo chicken

Food for thought:
What experiences have you had with the lunch lady?
Why do you think she's like that?
Do you disagree and maybe like her?

3 comments:

  1. I DISLIKE THAT LUNCH LADY WITH A VENGEANCE LMAO
    I started bringing lunch everyday this year BECAUSE OF THAT LADY. Besides that chicken gives me stomach aches... I liked your story though lol >< Just know I've got your back against that asian lunch lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh.

    I thought I was the only one she flipped out at. I'd go to buy lunch with one or two other chinese friends, and she'd always yell at me. Not the other two chinese dudes, just me.

    Gave me the same lecture about not saying out loud what I wanted.

    "MENU RIGHT OVER THERE"

    I never go on that line anymore. Pizza or pasta for me pl0x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... I dunno why she's so pissed at everyone. If she hates this job so much (I would) why does she keep coming back? I get the feeling lunch ladies don't generally get paid all that much, though I may be mistaken.

    ReplyDelete