Saturday, October 30, 2010

If you're going to get knocked up, use the good stuff!

As the title may suggest, my blog is ordinary. I can't write everyday as that would probably bore my audience to death. Instead, I've resolved to only blog when I have something remotely interesting (and not mean) to say. p.s. my entire right leg and foot is asleep at the moment. It's really annoying and kind of painful but not really?


I'd first like to mention that I have removed captcha from the comments at the suggestion of Rich. I didn't know I could remove that, so sorry for not doing that before. Hopefully commenting will be less of a hassle now.


I spent most of my day chilling with Staci (in spite of impending college deadlines). We went to rent movies at Redbox where on display on the poster next to the box was the movie The Human Centipede. When I got home, I was on youtube and one of the featured videos was the trailer so I clicked on it. If you are a gentle soul, do NOT watch the trailer! Let me just say, I have never seen anything in my entire life that has made me more uncomfortable. I couldn't even finish watching it.  This movie (of at the very least the trailer) is demented, sick, and disturbing; I can't imagine anybody enjoying it.


Anyhow, back to my day with Staci. We ending up opting to watch The Joneses, which believe me was much more enjoyable than any movie involving centipedes, human or not. For those that haven't heard of it, the premise of the movie is that there's a fake family, the Joneses, that poses as the perfect family in order to sell products. They push products such as cars, furniture, perfume, etc. It wasn't until the very end that Staci and I noticed that the movie was in fact pushing products to the viewer. We had just been talking about what a turn off it is when you see something in a movie and know some company paid big bucks to have it featured (ex. Kellogg's cereal on the table, etc). Well, the irony is that while the movie is saying how false item advertising is bad, the producers are doing that very thing through the movie. There were many moments during the movie in which I thought to myself wow, I wish I had that, or wouldn't it be great to have that job? The movie doesn't sugar coat with false brands and labels like Snapshot (aka Facebook), but rather advertise real company names like Dell, Audi, etc. If you've seen the movie or plan to, just think about it; it's really irony at its finest :P


Because we're bums and broke, we went to the dollar store today (where I got an amazing new lint roller!). I bought a few things (if you think you're going to go into a dollar store and save, you are sorely mistaken), but what I found most interesting was the medical section:




On sale were ovulation predictors?!?! Oh, and just in case the $1 ovulation test was faulty, you can pick up a pregnancy test to check out if you're preggers. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't trust a $1 pregnancy test. My personal opinion:
If you're going to get knocked up, use the good stuff!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anna! :)
    I saw The Human Centipede at a Redbox one day too, and I got curious as to what it was about. So I wiki'ed it. And Oh my God...just reading the summary was disgusting as ****. I was eating while reading it too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to pass on the human centipede trailer/summary whatnot.. o.o

    as for cheap pregnancy tests... maybe you're like juno and you feel the need to take three (or however many she took).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. Just read the summary for Human Centipede. That's just downright repulsive.

    ReplyDelete