Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I would have been uncool in the 80's :(

My worst fears have been confirmed! I've run out of things to blog about! My life has reached a level of mundane that even a snail would find boring! And I know snails, I own two - Midnight and Sunshine (though I believe that Midnight may be dead...) So, if you have any suggestions as to what I should blog about...


As I have nothing original to say, I'll just post some more creative things my friends (I hope) have said:


Jared (prior to our first IPLE unit meeting):
ayooooooooo
where are we meeting?
Me:
idk
Jared:
that's fantastic
you think if Amy just yells A-TEAM ASSEMBLE loud enough we will all just teleport to her?



    • Susan Xiong we are big bums.
      27 minutes ago · 

    • Ester Lau ‎...I will kill you if we legit fail tomorrow, susan.
      4 minutes ago · 

    • Ana Die sounds like a threat to me! according to Mr. Murphy, we should report all potential threats we hear...
      3 minutes ago · 

    • Ester Lau I'll kill you first then, anna.
      2 minutes ago ·  ·  1 person


Speaking of school policies, as a matter of legality, I will be taking down a certain picture from "Now I just order the buffalo chicken" later tonight (just in case you know?)


Ray (of what he and his friends did through oovoo/skype):
"We played UNO"

snippet of a convo between Tin and I (of my blogs):
Tin:
they are quite interesting to read because people can relate
Me: 
so I'm not an alien afterall

My mom told me to take a break and rest my eyes. My solution? Test out some 80s wear. 




So much shoulder pads, neon, tie-dye, plaid, and all around ridiculous! Despite the clothes, I still don't seem to give off that ET vibe. Conclusion:
I would have been uncool in the 80's :(
Food for thought:
Which outfit should I wear tomorrow?...or should I mix and match?
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) really doesn't seem to have the horrific fashion we associate with the times does it?
What actually was the look of the 80s? Was there really a look? or was it just kind of bizarre?
Why do you think it is that some people find school functions and events too uncool?


I think it's uncool not to participate! Now I just need someone to tell me how to create 80s hair!

6 comments:

  1. Raiders of the Lost Ark is set in the '30s...just sayin'. Also, this is Mike. I commented, happy? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy! LOL everyone meet my buddy Mike who's super fine, esp. for putting up w/ my nagging in band; Mike, everyone :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. join in with Amy, Tiff Lo and me :) we're taking the 80's in a new direction and dressing up like communists :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh anna you still have the tie-dye dress.
    good times.
    not really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you think a snail is dead? Wouldn't you know that eventually?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lady at the pet store said that snails can go up to 3 weeks without moving, so I can never really tell if it's dead or not...

    ReplyDelete