Friday, January 28, 2011

Skins and Prom

I don't think anyone actually understood what I was talking about in my previous post, Thinking in British, where I complained about thinking in a British accent. Well, today I saw an ad for MTV's Skins and was thinking wasn't there a British Skins not too long ago? I Youtubed an episode and as always, I proceeded to read the comments whereupon I came across this:

After watching skins all day, I have a english accent stuck in my head. All my thoughts sound english.
It made my day :D

Confession: I kind of just ignored all the notifications from the help EBHS win Proms Across America contest! group on Facebook until yesterday. It's not that I don't care to help EBHS, I just never bothered to click on any of the notifications, open any messages, or even check out the group in general. But, I did yesterday and I guess better late than never? I'm sure many of you have checked out the group unlike me, but for those of you that haven't, I'd just like to take a moment to explain it and urge you to participate.


It's really very simple. There's a contest in which EBHS has been entered in which the grand prize is a free prom. All we have to do is vote once a day on their website. Students all across the nation are rallying votes, so we really have to get it together to win. It won't be easy, but it's not impossible either. We are currently 1st in the state, and 17th in the nation. So those of you that have been voting, keep voting, and those of you that haven't voted, start voting. And keep up with it!

Just a little update of my experience with 
Skins and Prom

No comments:

Post a Comment